- Trade topics
- Negotiations and agreementsTrade policy
On this page you will find links to the EU’s negotiating text proposals and the latest reports published since October 2015 related to the negotiation and implementation of the EU’s trade agreements. You will also find links to impact assessments and sustainability impact assessments of the agreements.
The page links to details of meetings attended by Commission Executive Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis, as well as those attended by members of his cabinet, and meetings attended by DG Trade Director-General Sabine Weyand.
It also provides details of DG Trade’s outreach to civil society organisations.
- 2021 transparency statistics of the European Commission's Directorate-General for Trade
- Factsheet on the transparency policy in EU Trade
Ongoing negotiations and agreements being negotiated or ratified
EU negotiating text proposals, the latest round reports, and other information related to the EU’s ongoing trade negotiations and trade agreements being adopted or ratified.
- Negotiation round reports – Textual proposals – Negotiating mandate
- More on the EU-Australia Trade Agreement
- Text of the agreement – Negotiation round reports – Textual proposals – Negotiating mandate
- More on the EU-Chile Advanced Framework Agreement
- Negotiation round reports on the EU-China Investment Agreement
- More on the EU-China Investment Agreement
E-commerce negotiations in the WTO
- EU proposal – Council decision and annex
Eastern and Southern Africa
Energy Charter Treaty modernisation
- Negotiation round reports – Textual proposals – Cross-border data flows and protection of personal data and privacy – Factsheet
- More on the EU-Indonesia Trade Agreement
- Negotiation round reports on data flows and privacy
- More on the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement
- Text of the agreement – Negotiation round reports – Textual proposals
- More on the EU-Mercosur Trade Agreement
- Agreement in Principle and its texts – Negotiation round reports
- More on the EU-Mexico Trade Agreement
Multilateral Investment Court
- Negotiation round reports – EU textual proposals – Negotiating mandate
- More on the EU-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Mandate on elimination of tariffs for industrial goods – Mandate on conformity assessment
WTO Committee on Agriculture
- Proposal on domestic support, public stockholding for food security purposes and cotton from Brazil, EU, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay
Implementation – Committees and Dialogues
The EU and its trading partners meet regularly to discuss issues and best practices when applying the agreement. The committees meet regularly; the meeting documents can be found here:
Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Belarus, Canada, Central America, Colombia - Ecuador - Peru, Economic Partnership Agreements, Egypt, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Palestine, South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
Domestic advisory groups and civil society fora
Impact Assessments and Sustainability Impact Assessments
Impact Assessments and Sustainability Impact Assessments are carried out in support of negotiations.
Meetings with organisations and self-employed individuals held by:
- Executive Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis
- Cabinet members of Executive Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis
- EU Trade Director-General Sabine Weyand
Public consultations on EU trade policy
To ensure that trade-related EU policies and laws are prepared, implemented and reviewed in an open and transparent manner, stakeholders may express their views in open public consultations.
EU trade meetings with Civil Society
The European Commission aims to have a transparent and accountable trade policy based on consultations with all parts of European civil society.