This follows the notification on a first round of measures on 7 April this year.
The WTO has become a focal point for transparency on countries’ trade measures related to the coronavirus. It is tracking WTO Members’ reported measures on a dedicated webpage. In addition, the next edition of the WTO Director General’s Trade Monitoring Report, to be issued before the summer break, will include information on coronavirus related measures.
The EU will continue to make sure that any coronavirus related trade measures are targeted, proportionate, temporary and transparent – consistent with the commitments made by countries of the G20 group.
Trade measures shared with the WTO:
- New Commission Regulation on Exports subject to an export authorisation;
- Temporary Framework for State aid measures to support the economy in the current COVID-19 outbreak;
- Notice regarding the consequences of the COVID-19 outbreak on anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigation;
- Guidance to Member States concerning foreign direct investment and free movement of capital from third countries, and the protection of Europe’s strategic assets;
- EU Member States measures in reaction to COVID-19 related to exports of essential products; services and investment; and economic support.
- Data publicării
- 27 aprilie 2020
- Direcția Generală Comerț
- Trade topics
- Enforcement and protection