- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Lithuanian companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €17 billion in 2019. And this keeps 404,000 Lithuanian workers busy.
- Lithuanian extra-EU exports support 358,000 jobs in Lithuania.
- Another 46,000 Lithuanian workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 29% of jobs in Lithuania depend on extra-EU exports.
- Lithuanian extra-EU exports also support over 31,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Lithuania, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 54% of export-related jobs in Lithuania are in services.
Access these facts and figures in Lithuanian.
Trade and jobs
EU exports support 38 million jobs, up two thirds from 2000. More than 14 million of these workers are women. One in five jobs in the EU depends on exports.
EU exports support a significant share of jobs in all countries across the EU.