- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Greek companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €41 billion in 2019. And this keeps 620,000 Greek workers busy.
- Greek extra-EU exports support 590,000 jobs in Greece.
- Another 30,000 Greek workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 14% of jobs in Greece depend on extra-EU exports.
- Greek extra-EU exports also support over 42,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Greece, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 79% of export-related jobs in Greece are in services.
Access these facts and figures in Greek.
Trade and jobs
EU exports support 38 million jobs, up two thirds from 2000. More than 14 million of these workers are women. One in five jobs in the EU depends on exports.
EU exports support a significant share of jobs in all countries across the EU.
Greece - Chios Masticha Growers Association (CMGA)
The EU’s trade agreements ensure that Chios masticha’s status as a Geographical Indication is recognised in many important markets around the world.