- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Austrian companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €71 billion in 2019. And this keeps 772,000 Austrian workers busy.
- Austrian extra-EU exports support 585,000 jobs in Austria.
- Another 187,000 Austrian workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 17% of jobs in Austria depend on extra-EU exports.
- Austrian extra-EU exports also support over 264,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Austria, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 55% of export-related jobs in Austria are in services.
Access these facts and figures in German.
Trade and jobs
EU exports support 38 million jobs, up two thirds from 2000. More than 14 million of these workers are women. One in five jobs in the EU depends on exports.
EU exports support a significant share of jobs in all countries across the EU.
Austria - A caffeine boost for European exports
The Austrian Coffeeshop Company has over 300 franchises worldwide. The company’s international expansion was also possible thanks to the EU’s trade agreements with countries such as Mexico, Morocco, and Egypt, which reduced much of the administrative work needed to enter those markets.