- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Austrian companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €71 billion in 2019. And this keeps 772,000 Austrian workers busy.
- Austrian extra-EU exports support 585,000 jobs in Austria.
- Another 187,000 Austrian workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 17% of jobs in Austria depend on extra-EU exports.
- Austrian extra-EU exports also support over 264,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Austria, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 55% of export-related jobs in Austria are in services.
Access these facts and figures in German.