- Date: 14/02/2022, 09:30-11:30
- Location: WEBEX
Registration closes on: 8/02/2022 at 12:00
Please note that we have moved to a new registration system.
- Already registered in the new system? Sign up to participate in the meeting
- Not registered yet? Register your organisation
The purpose of this meeting is to present to EU civil society organisations the current state of play of trade relations with ASEAN and its member states, with particular focus on the trade negotiations with Indonesia.
The EU has already concluded trade agreements with Singapore and Vietnam – which entered into force in November 2019 and August 2020, respectively. Investment Protection Agreements with these two countries are currently undergoing ratification procedures in individual EU Member States before entering into force. Negotiations with Indonesia are ongoing (see more below). Negotiations with Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines are currently on hold. The ultimate objective is for bilateral trade agreements with individual ASEAN member states to serve as building blocks towards a future region-to-region engagement between the EU and ASEAN.
The meeting will also provide an update on the negotiations with Indonesia, which were launched in 2016 with the objective to facilitate and create new market access, increase trade and investment between the EU and Indonesia, and promote sustainable development. The 11th round was held virtually from 8-12 November 2021.
More information on the EU's trade relations with Indonesia is available here.
More information on the EU's negotiations for a free trade agreement with Indonesia is available here.
- Head of Unit – South and South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Directorate-General for Trade, European Commission
- Chief Negotiator for the EU-Indonesia Free Trade Agreement - South and South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Directorate-General for Trade, European Commission
- Civil Society Coordination - Transparency, Civil society and Communication Unit, Directorate-General for Trade, European Commission
- Presentation on trade relations with ASEAN
- Presentation on the state of play of the on-going negotiations with Indonesia
- Open discussion with stakeholders
The meeting will take place via WEBEX. Access code and password will be sent to registered participants. We would be grateful if participants could launch their WEBEX connection at least 30 minutes in advance of the meeting so that any technical problems can be arranged in time before the meeting.
- Report of the CSD meeting on ASEAN/Indonesia, 14/02/2022
- international trade | trade policy
- Live streaming available
- Country or region
- IndonesiaAssociation of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Trade topics
- Negotiations and agreementsTrade policy
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Directorate-General for Trade
The purpose of this meeting is to present to EU civil society organisations the current state of play of trade relations with ASEAN and its member states, with particular focus on trade negotiations with Indonesia.