The purpose of the meeting is to update stakeholders on the latest developments in this area at the EU and international level and to exchange views on the latest relevant EU policy developments.
- Mr Colin Brown; Dispute Settlement and Legal Aspects of Trade Policy
- Deputy Head of the Information, Communication and Civil Society Unit, DG Trade, European Commission
- Welcome and opening remarks
- State of play of the latest developments at the EU and international level
- Exchange of views with stakeholders
- Date and time: Wednesday 15 January 2020, 10:00 to 12:00
- Venue: Charlemagne building, Sicco Mansholt room, Rue de la Loi 170, 1000 Brussels
- Registration: Please click here to register before 7 January 2020 12:00 CET. Attendance is limited to 2 participants per organisation. Participants will receive a confirmation e-mail after 8 January with further information on accessing the building. Any change of name should be communicated no later than 10 January 2020 12:00 CET.
- Livestreaming: On the day of the event, the meeting will be livestreamed here.
- Kindly note that travel expenses for this meeting will not be reimbursed.
- UNCITRAL Working Group III: Investor-State Dispute Settlement Reform, including all submissions from governments thus far.
- Negotiating directives for a Convention establishing a multilateral court for the settlement of investment disputes
- Background on the Multilateral Investment Court project
- settlement of disputes | international trade
- Brussels, Belgium
- Trade topics
- Dispute settlement
- Event type
- Stakeholder meeting
- Charlemagne BuildingRue de la Loi 170, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- Directorate-General for Trade
The European Commission is holding a stakeholder meeting on the multilateral reform of investment dispute resolution including the establishment of a multilateral investment court.