Following the successful first meeting of the EU-US Trade and Technology Council in Pittsburgh on 29 September 2021, and in light of the Joint Statement, which recognizes the importance of investment screening in order to address risks to national security and, within the EU, public order - the EU and US will invite stakeholders to participate in an outreach event.
The Joint EU-U.S. Stakeholders Outreach event will provide an opportunity for experts from industry, academia and civil society to review and discuss, with representatives of EU and U.S. authorities, principles and areas for investment screening cooperation identified in the Pittsburgh Statement. Stakeholders are invited to submit inputs, questions and comments in advance to the event by using the Futurium online platform (EU-US Trade and Technology Council / Working Group 8 - Investment Screening). Participants will also be invited to share views during the event.
- European Commission DG TRADE Unit F4 Technology and Security, FDI Screening
- US Department of the Treasury - Office of Investment Security, Policy and International Relations
- US State Department
- Date and time: Thursday, 2 December 2021, 16:00 – 17:15 (CET) – 10:00 - 11.15 (EST)
- Venue: Virtual meeting
- Registration: please REGISTER before Tuesday, 30 November 2021 18:00 CET. Attendance is limited to 2 participants per organisation. Registered participants will receive a confirmation e-mail with further information on how to connect in due course. Any change of name should be communicated no later than Wednesday, 1 December 2021 12:00 CET to TRADE-F4-REQUEST-BOX@ec.europa.eu.
- investment | investment policy | foreign investment | international trade
- Live streaming available
- Country or region
- United States
- Trade topics
- Event type
- Stakeholder meeting
- Directorate-General for Trade
- Access details will be sent to registered participants.
The EU and US will invite stakeholders to participate in an outreach event. on investment screening.