- Date: 13/07/2022, 10:00-12:00
- Location: WebEx
Registration closes on: 8/07/2022 12:00
Please note that we have moved to a new registration system.
- Already registered in the new system? Sign up to participate in the meeting
- Not registered yet? Register your organisation
Despite its important economic potential, India is currently only the EU’s 10th largest trading partner, accounting for a mere 2.1% of EU trade. Trade negotiations between the EU and India started in 2007 but were suspended in 2013 due to a gap in ambition between the two sides, notably in terms of market access for goods, services and government procurement, as well as on trade and sustainable development. On 8 May 2021, the EU-India Leaders’ Meeting decided to resume negotiations for “a balanced, ambitious, comprehensive and mutually beneficial” trade agreement, and to launch separate negotiations on an investment protection agreement and an agreement on geographical indications. Trade negotiations were linked to finding “solutions to long-standing market access issues”. After intensive preparations on both sides, a first round of bilateral negotiations is to take place from 27 June to 1 July in New Delhi on all three tracks.
The meeting will also provide a brief update on the recently established EU-India Trade and Technology Council.
- Head of Unit, South and South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, DG Trade, European Commission
- Head of Unit, Investment and Intellectual Property, DG Trade, European Commission
- Head of Unit, Asia and Australasia, DG Agri, European Commission
- Civil Society Coordination – Transparency, Civil society and Communication Unit, Directorate-General for Trade, European Commission
- Introduction on overall EU-India trade and investment relations
- Information by the Commission on the state of play of negotiations for a trade agreement
- Information by the Commission on the state of play of negotiations for an investment protection agreement
- Information by the Commission on the state of play of negotiations for an agreement on geographical indications
- Open discussion with stakeholders
The meeting will take place via WEBEX. Access code and password will be sent to registered participants. We would be grateful if participants could launch their WEBEX connection at least 30 minutes in advance of the meeting so that any technical problems can be arranged in time before the meeting.
- international trade | trade policy
- Ainult veebis
- Country or region
- Trade topics
- Negotiations and agreements
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Ainult veebis
- Kaubanduse peadirektoraat
- Access details will be sent to registered participants.
The purpose of the meeting will be to provide EU civil society organisations with an update on the state of play of EU-India trade and investment relations, with particular emphasis on the resumption of bilateral negotiations.