Please note that we have moved to a new registrations system.
• Already registered in the new system? Sign up to participate to the meeting
• Not registered yet? Register your organisation
The transatlantic trade and investment partnership remains a central artery of the global economy, with the EU and the US remaining each other’s largest trade and investment partners, despite the economic slowdown caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
On 2 December 2020, the European Commission and the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy have jointly proposed a new EU-US Agenda for Global Change on the basis of which the EU has started to engage with the US.
The transatlantic trade relationship has gained new impetus, with the new US administration settling in and engagement between EVP Dombrovskis and new US Trade Representative Katherine Tai.
Rupert Schlegelmilch, Acting Deputy Director-General responsible for EU-US trade relations in the Directorate General for Trade, will give an overview of the EU’s first contacts on trade issues with the new US Administration and outline his expectations regarding EU-US trade priorities for the months to come. He will then engage in a discussion with civil society organisations on EU trade policy with regard to the US.
- Rupert Schlegelmilch, Acting Deputy Director-General, Directorate-General for Trade, European Commission
Civil Society Coordination - Transparency, Civil society and Communication Unit, Directorate-General for Trade, European Commission
1. Presentation of the state of play of EU-US trade relations
2. Open discussion with stakeholders
The meeting will take place via WEBEX. Access code and password will be sent to registered participants. We would be grateful if participants could launch their WEBEX connection at least 30 minutes in advance of the meeting so that any technical problems can be arranged in time before the meeting.
- international trade | World Trade Organisation
- Live streaming available
- Country or region
- United States
- Trade topics
- Importing into the EUTrade policy
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Directorate-General for Trade
DG Trade's Rupert Schlegelmilch will give an overview of the EU’s first contacts on trade issues with the new US administration.