- Date: 19/07/2022, 14:30-16:30
- Location: WebEx
Registration closes on: 18/07/2022 12:00
Please note that we have moved to a new registration system.
- Already registered in the new system? Sign up to participate in the meeting
- Not registered yet? Register your organisation
On 30 June 2022, the EU and New Zealand have concluded negotiations for a Trade Agreement, the first one to be completed under the Von Der Leyen Commission.
The deal, which includes unprecedented sustainability commitments, will open significant economic opportunities for companies and consumers on both sides and can help increase bilateral trade by 30%, with EU annual exports potentially growing by up to €4.5 billion.
The texts of the Agreement are now published for information purposes while they may undergo further modifications, including as a result of legal revision.
The purpose of the meeting is to inform, exchange views and collect feedback from EU civil society organisations on this recently concluded negotiation and the negotiated outcome.
- Chief Negotiator (EU) for the EU-NZ Free Trade Agreement, Directorate-General for Trade, European Commission
- Head of Unit: Asia and Australasia Unit, Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission
- Lead negotiators for several chapters of the EU-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement
- Civil Society Coordination - Transparency, Civil society and Communication Unit, Directorate-General for Trade, European Commission
- Information from the Commission on the outcome of negotiations for a free trade agreement with New Zealand
- Information from the Commission on the outcome of negotiations in the agricultural sector
- Information from the Commission on the outcome of negotiations in the area of trade and sustainable development
- Open discussion with stakeholders
The meeting will take place via WEBEX. Access code and password will be sent to registered participants. We would be grateful if participants could launch their WEBEX connection at least 30 minutes in advance of the meeting so that any technical problems can be arranged in time before the meeting.
- trade agreement | international trade
- Yra tiesioginė transliacija
- Country or region
- New Zealand
- Trade topics
- Negotiations and agreements
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Tikslinė grupė
- Interested stakeholders
- Prekybos generalinis direktoratas
The purpose of the meeting is to inform, exchange views and collect feedback from EU civil society organisations on the outcome of the negotiations for an FTA between the EU and New Zealand.