- Date: 10/03/2022, 10:00-12:00
- Location: WEBEX
Registration closes on: 07/03/2022 at 12:00
Please note that we have moved to a new registrations system.
- Already registered in the new system? Sign up to participate in the meeting
- Not registered yet? Register your organisation
In the Communication 'Trade Policy Review – An Open, Sustainable and Assertive Trade Policy', published on 18 February 2021, the European Commission announced the early review of the 15-Point Action Plan for Trade and Sustainable Development (TSD).
To feed this process with evidence-based inputs, the Commission contracted an independent study providing a critical review of different approaches to TSD provisions in FTAs among a selection of non-EU countries. The study analyses the scope of substantive provisions on climate, environmental and labour aspects as well as implementation and enforcement practices.
In this meeting, the final report of the study (published on 10 February 2022) will be presented.
- Head of Unit, Bilateral relations in Trade and Sustainable Development, Generalised System of Preferences, DG Trade, European Commission
- Team Leader, external research team for the comparative study supporting the TSD review
- Transparency, Civil Society and Communication Unit, DG Trade, European Commission
- Presentation of the final report of the independent study
- Open discussion with stakeholders
The meeting will take place via WEBEX. Access code and password will be sent to registered participants. We would be grateful if participants could launch their WEBEX connection at least 30 minutes in advance of the meeting so that any technical problems can be arranged in time before the meeting.
- Presentation of the study, 10/03/2022
- Report of the meeting on the 15-point action plan, 10/03/2022
- trade agreement | sustainable development
- Pieejams tiešraides straumējums
- Trade topics
- Negotiations and agreementsSustainable development
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Tirdzniecības ģenerāldirektorāts
A Civil Society Dialogue on the comparative analysis of Trade and Sustainable Development provisions in Free Trade Agreements, supporting the review of the 15-Point Action Plan for Trade and Sustainable Development.