- Date: 18/12/2019, 10:00-12:00
- Location: Conference Center Albert Borschette, Room 3.D, Rue Froissart 36, Brussels
*** THIS MEETING IS CANCELLED AND WILL BE POSTPONED ***
*** DO NOT REGISTER ***
The Directorate General for Trade (DG Trade) has commissioned an ex-post evaluation of the impact of trade chapters of the Euro-Mediterranean Association Agreements with six partners: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia. The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the effectiveness, efficiency, relevance and coherence of the trade chapters of the Association Agreements.
The Euro-Mediterranean Association Agreements were conceived to help achieve the objectives of the 1995 Barcelona Declaration, signed by the EU Member States and the Southern Mediterranean Countries (SMCs), including the six countries considered in this evaluation. The Declaration aimed at creating an area of shared prosperity in the Mediterranean region, which was to be achieved by sustainable socio-economic development, improved conditions of living, increased employment and closer regional cooperation and integration. The idea was to promote sustainable growth and improve living standards in SMCs as means to promoting stability and easing migratory pressures on Europe.
The purpose of the meeting is to present and discuss with civil society the summary findings of the draft interim report of the evaluation. The summary of the draft report will be published prior to the meeting and notification of that will be sent out.
Background information about the evaluation project:
Deputy Head of South Mediterranean and Middle East Unit of DG Trade, European Commission
Evaluation Project Leaders, Ecorys and CASE - Center for Social and Economic Research, Consultants
Civil Society Coordination, DG Trade, European Commission
- Presentation of the summary findings of the draft interim report for the Euromed evaluation by the consultant
- Open discussion with stakeholders
- Collecting stakeholders’ concrete suggestions for further experts to be interviewed and for further reports or statistics that could be taken into account by the consultants during the next project phase.
We would be grateful if participants could arrive 30 minutes in advance. Please bring with you an ID card and your registration confirmation.
- international trade
- Brussels, Belgium
- Country or region
- EgyptMoroccoSouthern Neighbourhood
- Trade topics
- Negotiations and agreements
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Cén áit
- Conference Center Albert BorschetteRue Froissart 36, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
- Ard-Stiúrthóireacht na Trádála
The purpose of the meeting is to present and discuss with civil society the summary findings of the draft interim report of the evaluation.