- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Latvian companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €8 billion in 2019. And this keeps 221,000 Latvian workers busy.
- Latvian extra-EU exports support 183,000 jobs in Latvia.
- Another 38,000 Latvian workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world. This means 25% of jobs in Latvia depend on extra-EU exports.
- Latvian extra-EU exports also support over 19,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Latvia, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 58% of export-related jobs in Latvia are in services.
Access these facts and figures in Latvian.
Trade and jobs
EU exports support 38 million jobs, up two thirds from 2000. More than 14 million of these workers are women. One in five jobs in the EU depends on exports.
EU exports support a significant share of jobs in all countries across the EU.
Latvia - Food processing made easier for Canadians
PERUZA is an engineering and manufacturing company that produces equipment, primarily for the food processing industry, and especially for fish processing. PERUZA delivers its production lines worldwide under its own brand name.