- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Irish companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €251 billion in 2019. And this keeps 1.3 million Irish workers busy.
- Irish extra-EU exports support 1.3 million jobs in Ireland.
- Another 48,000 Irish workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 58% of jobs in Ireland depend on extra-EU exports.
- Irish extra-EU exports also support over 490,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Ireland, most people in export-related jobs are high-skilled workers.
- 67% of export-related jobs in Ireland are in services.
Access these facts and figures in Irish.
Trade and jobs
EU exports support 38 million jobs, up two thirds from 2000. More than 14 million of these workers are women. One in five jobs in the EU depends on exports.
EU exports support a significant share of jobs in all countries across the EU.
Ireland - Bord Bia
Bord Bia, the Irish Food Board, won the contract to promote EU beef, a project that is 80% co-financed by the EU.