- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Cypriot companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €11 billion in 2019. And this keeps 96,000 Cypriot workers busy.
- Cypriot extra-EU exports support 79,000 jobs in Cyprus.
- Another 17,000 Cypriot workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 22% of jobs in Cyprus depend on extra-EU exports.
- Cypriot extra-EU exports also support over 9,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Cyprus, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 83% of export-related jobs in Cyprus are in services.
Trade and jobs
EU exports support 38 million jobs, up two thirds from 2000. More than 14 million of these workers are women. One in five jobs in the EU depends on exports.
EU exports support a significant share of jobs in all countries across the EU.