- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Belgian companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €181 billion in 2019. And this keeps 1.1 million Belgian workers busy.
- Belgian extra-EU exports support 844,000 jobs in Belgium.
- Another 240,000 Belgian workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 22% of jobs in Belgium depends on EU exports.
- Belgian extra-EU exports also support over 367,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Belgium, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 75% of export-related jobs in Belgium are in services.
Trade and jobs
EU exports support 38 million jobs, up two thirds from 2000. More than 14 million of these workers are women. One in five jobs in the EU depends on exports.
EU exports support a significant share of jobs in all countries across the EU.
Belgium - Belgian essential oils producer is ready for Canada
Exports are essential for the business success of many small companies in Europe. At Belgian essential oils producer Pranarôm, exports even account for 90% of the firm's turnover. The firm welcomes the CETA agreement as an opportunity to facilitate the certification of its products in Canada.