In line with the Commission’s new political guidelines to strengthen links between the people and the institutions, the Directorate General for Trade (DG Trade) has commissioned a study with a view to improving its Civil Society Dialogue (CSD) and its wider outreach to civil society in Members States.
As regards the CSD more specifically, the study assessed if the CSD remains fit for purpose and how it could be improved to meet expectations, as well as how the CSD might provide increased support to discussions on trade in EU Member States.
The study, which has now been finalised, is based on wide consultations of various interlocutors including civil society organisation in Brussels and in Member States, members of the CSD contact group, Member State authorities, the Secretariat of the European Parliament's Committee on International Trade (INTA), EU officials in the Commission Representations, DG Trade staff and others.
The purpose of the meeting is to present the study conclusions and recommendations and discuss DG Trade’s ideas for follow-up.
Study Team Leader from Deloitte/Coffey (part of Tetratech)
Leopoldo Rubinacci, Director for Resources, Inter-Institutional Relations, Communications and Civil Society, DG Trade, European Commission
- Presentation of the study on the Civil Society Dialogue by the study Team Leader
- Presentation by DG Trade on ideas for follow-up
- Open discussion with stakeholders
The meeting will take place via WEBEX. Access code and password will be sent to registered participants.
We would be grateful if participants could launch their WEBEX connection 30 minutes in advance of the meeting so that any technical problems can be arranged in time before the meeting.
- Civil Society Dialogue Study - Executive Summary EN , 10/05/2021
- Civil Society Dialogue Study - Executive Summary DE, 10/05/2021
- Civil Society Dialogue Study - Executive Summary FR , 10/05/2021
- Civil Society Dialogue Study, 10/05/2021
- international trade
- Élőben követhető
- Trade topics
- Trade policy
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Kereskedelmi Főigazgatóság