The GSP Engagement Week is a fully virtual conference organised as part of the GSP Hub Project, which aims to increase the awareness and engagement with the EU’s Generalised. Scheme of Preferences (GSP). This workshop will gather high-level speakers from politics, business, civil society and academia to share their insights in four main fields.
Through input talks and panel discussions highlighting the effects of the trade-related initiative on human rights, sustainability, and inclusiveness, participants will be able to get more insight into the economic and the human dimensions of the GSP. Conducted in a fully virtual format, the conference will contrast viewpoints from the EU and beneficiary countries, providing an open space for discussion and debate.
The EU’s GSP is an extremely important tool for developing countries to further integrate into the global economy and move up value chains. The GSP enshrines both preferential tariff access to the EU market for eligible beneficiary countries with core sustainability criteria, thus forming a core pillar of the EU’s commitment to trade and sustainable development.
- When: from 22 to 25 March 2021
- What time: generally from 14 to 16 hours
- Why register: the meeting is fully virtual and you need to register to participate
- How do I register: click on the page which offers more information on the engagement week as well as the registration link
- international trade | generalised preferences
- Transmisiune în direct disponibilă online
- Trade topics
- Generalised Scheme of Preferences
- Event type
- Outreach and awareness
- Direcția Generală Comerț
The GSP Engagement Week is a fully virtual conference organised as part of the GSP Hub Project, which aims to increase the awareness and engagement with the EU’s Generalised Scheme of Preferences (GSP).