- Date: 19/07/2021, 09:30-11:30
- Location: WEBEX
Registration closes on: 14/7/2021 at 12 o'clock
Please note that we have moved to a new registrations system.
• Already registered in the new system? Sign up to participate to the meeting
• Not registered yet? Register your organisation
In the Communication 'Trade Policy Review – An Open, Sustainable and Assertive Trade Policy' (1), published on 18 February 2021, the European Commission announced the early review of the 15-Point Action Plan for Trade and Sustainable Development (2).
To feed this process with evidence-based inputs, the Commission launched at the end of May 2021 a comparative study to see what approach other selected trade partners have as concerns TSD commitments in their trade agreements (including the scope of substantive provisions on climate, environmental and labour aspects) and how they implement and enforce them, with the aim to identify best practices.
As the Commission prepares to launch an open consultation of stakeholders on the review, this meeting will provide a state of play.
In the February 2021 Communication, the Commission also committed to provide guidance to assist EU businesses on taking appropriate measures to address the risk of forced labour in their operations and supply chains, in line with international due diligence guidelines and principles.
The Communication also refers to the upcoming proposal on Sustainable Corporate Governance, which, subject to the impact assessment, will include effective action and enforcement mechanisms to ensure that forced labour does not find a place in the value chains of EU companies.
The Commission is organising a meeting with representatives from civil society to provide a state of play on the follow up to these commitments.
- Head of Unit, Multilateral Trade and Sustainable Development Policy, Green Deal, Conflict Minerals, DG Trade, European Commission
- Head of Unit, Bilateral relations in Trade and Sustainable Development, Generalised System of Preferences, DG Trade, European Commission
Transparency, Civil Society and Communication Unit, DG Trade, European Commission
- State of play: Legislative and non-legislative initiatives addressing forced labour - Q&A
- State of play: Review of the 15-Point Action Plan - Q&A
(1) Trade Policy Review
(2) 15-point action plan for Trade and Sustainable Development
The meeting will take place via WEBEX. Access code and password will be sent to registered participants. We would be grateful if participants could launch their WEBEX connection at least 30 minutes in advance of the meeting so that any technical problems can be arranged in time before the meeting.
- international trade
- Prenos v živo je na voljo
- Trade topics
- Sustainable developmentTrade policy
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Generalni direktorat za trgovino
As the Commission prepares to launch an open consultation of stakeholders on the Trade Policy Review, this meeting will provide a state of play.