- Date: 17/12/2019, 14:00-16:00
- Location: Charlemagne Building, Room Sicco Mansholt, 170 Rue de la Loi, Brussels
The EU and Australia and the EU and New Zealand are currently negotiating free trade agreements. Following the adoption of the negotiating directives in May 2018, the negotiations were launched in June 2018. The fifth round of negotiations was held with New Zealand on 8-12 July in Brussels. The fifth round of negotiations was held with Australia on 14-18 October in Canberra. Further information on EU's free trade negotiations with Australia and New Zealand can be found here: Australia, New Zealand
In line with its practice, the Commission has also hired an independent consultant for carrying out the Sustainability Impact Assessments of the trade part to provide inputs to the EU negotiators. BKP Economic Advisors GmbH has been selected to conduct these studies.
The purpose of this meeting is to present to the EU Civil Society Organisations the state of play of the negotiations with Australia and New Zealand and the Draft Final Reports of the Sustainability Impact Assessments, and to exchange views on these topics.
- Helena König, Chief Negotiator for the FTA with Australia, European Commission
- Chief Negotiator for the FTA with New Zealand, European Commission
- Study Coordinator/Team Leader for the SIAs, BKP
- Deputy Head, Information, Communication and Civil Society Unit, DG Trade, European Commission
- Presentation of the state of play of the negotiations
- Presentation of Draft Final Reports for the SIAs in support of the EU's negotiations with Australia and New Zealand
- Open discussion with stakeholders
We would be grateful if participants could arrive 30 minutes in advance in order clear security and gain access to the meeting room on time. Please bring with you the confirmation of your e-pass and an ID card or passport.
- Joint Ministerial Statement on Investment Facilitation for Development, 05/11/2019
- Report of the state of play of the Australia and New Zealand trade negotiations and sustainable impact assessment, 17/12/2019
- SIA draft final report presentation on FTA negotiations with Australia and New Zealand, 17/12/2019
- trade agreement | international trade
- Brussels, Belgium
- Country or region
- AustraliaNew Zealand
- Trade topics
- Negotiations and agreements
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Charlemagne BuildingRue de la Loi 170, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
- Prekybos generalinis direktoratas
The purpose of this meeting is to present to EU civil society organisations the state of play of the negotiations with Australia and New Zealand and the Draft Final Reports of the Sustainability Impact Assessments.