- Date: 29/01/2020, 14.00 - 16.00
- Location: Conference Center Albert Borschette, Room 1.D, Rue Froissart 36, Brussels
The Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) between the EU and 14 CARIFORUM states has been implemented for 10 years. The EU has commissioned an ex-post evaluation to assess the extent of implementation of the Agreement on both EU and CARIFORUM side, as well as the impact of the agreement with regard to its core objectives, namely increased trade, investment, economic development and poverty reduction in the CARIFORUM states.
The EU-Cariforum EPA is ‘comprehensive’ both in the geographic and thematic sense, covering the whole region and including not only provisions on trade in goods, but also trade in services and provisions on trade-related issues (including competition, innovation and intellectual property, transparency in public procurement and trade and sustainable development). Furthermore, like all EPAs, the EU-Cariforum EPA is a development-oriented trade agreement, geared towards fostering long-term sustainable economic growth in the Caribbean.
The purpose of this meeting is to discuss with stakeholders the findings in terms of implementation and impact in the ex-post evaluation. DG Trade will also debrief participants on the outcome of the 9th EU-CARIFORUM Trade and Development Committee meeting under the EPA, held on the 28th and 29th November 2019.
- Deputy Head of Unit, Trade D2 – Economic Partnership Agreements – Africa, Caribbean and Pacific, Overseas Countries and Territories, DG Trade, European Commission
- Evaluation project team leaders from Ecorys and Appleton Luff
- Civil Society Coordination, DG Trade, European Commission
- Debrief from the 9th EU-CARIFORUM Trade and Development Committee Meeting (TDC), held on 28th-29th November 2019
- Presentation on findings on implementation and impact under the CARIFORUM EPA ex-post evaluation
- Q&A and open discussions with stakeholders
We would be grateful if participants could arrive 30 minutes in advance. Please bring with you an ID card and your registration confirmation.
- trade agreement | international trade
- Brussels, Belgium
- Country or region
- African, Caribbean, Pacific (ACP)Caribbean
- Trade topics
- Economic PartnershipsNegotiations and agreements
- Event type
- EU Trade Dialogue with Civil Society
- Conference Center Albert BorschetteRue Froissart 36, Brussels, Belgium
- Directorate-General for Trade
The purpose of this meeting is to discuss with stakeholders the findings in terms of implementation and impact in the ex-post evaluation. DG Trade will also debrief participants on the outcome of the 9th EU-CARIFORUM Trade and Development Committee meeting.