- Data de deschidere
- Directorate-General for Trade
- Country or region
- United States
- Trade topics
- Negotiations and agreementsTrade policy
All interested stakeholders
De ce organizăm consultarea
The Directorate-General for Trade is seeking stakeholders’ inputs and comments on the EU-US cooperation on global trade challenges as part of the EU-US Trade and Technology Council (TTC).
As a result of the inaugural meeting of the TTC in Pittsburgh on 29 September, Working Group 10 on Global Trade Challenges (TTC WG 10) was specifically tasked to focus on three areas of work:
- challenges from nonmarket economic policies and practices;
- avoiding new and unnecessary barriers to trade and investment in products and services of emerging technology;
- promoting and protecting labour rights and decent work; and (following further consultations) trade and environment issues.
Details on the work plan for each of these work areas of Working Group 10 are provided in Annex V to the Pittsburgh Statement.
The Commission is organizing three specific stakeholder events on 25 and 29 November and on 2 December 2021 to provide an opportunity for experts from industry, academia and civil society to give their views, discuss the priorities to be pursued and develop concrete proposals for each of the work strands of the TTC Working Group on Global Trade Challenges.
We also invite stakeholders to provide written comments via the Futurium platform by 7 January 2022 for this purpose.
Dates: Comments/proposals can be submitted until 7 January 2022, COB.
Contact for further information: TRADE-D1-REQUEST-BOX@ec.europa.eu.
Participați la consultare
The response period for this consultation has ended. Thank you for your input.