- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Portuguese companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €33 billion in 2019. And this keeps 801,000 Portuguese workers busy.
- Portuguese extra-EU exports support 701,000 jobs in Portugal.
- Another 100,000 Portuguese workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 16% of jobs in Portugal depend on extra-EU exports.
- Portuguese extra-EU exports also support over 74,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Portugal, most people in export-related jobs are low-skilled workers.
- 57% of export-related jobs in Portugal are in services.
Access these facts and figures in Portuguese.