- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Maltese companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €8 billion in 2019. And this keeps 53,000 Maltese workers busy.
- Maltese extra-EU exports support 44,000 jobs in Malta.
- Another 9,000 Maltese workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 21% of jobs in Malta depend on extra-EU exports.
- Maltese extra-EU exports also support over 22,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Malta, most people in export-related jobs are low-skilled workers.
- 80% of export-related jobs in Malta are in the services sector.
Access these facts and figures in Maltese.