- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Italian companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €289 billion in 2019. And this keeps 3.7 million Italian workers busy.
- Italian extra-EU exports support nearly 3.2 million jobs in Italy.
- Another 570,000 Italian workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 15% of jobs in Italy depend on extra-EU exports.
- Italian extra-EU exports also support over 491,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Italy, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 48% of export-related jobs in Italy are in services.
Access these facts and figures in Italian.