- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Italian companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €289 billion in 2019. And this keeps 3.7 million Italian workers busy.
- Italian extra-EU exports support nearly 3.2 million jobs in Italy.
- Another 570,000 Italian workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 15% of jobs in Italy depend on extra-EU exports.
- Italian extra-EU exports also support over 491,000 jobs in EU countries.
- In Italy, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 48% of export-related jobs in Italy are in services.
Access these facts and figures in Italian.
Trade and jobs
EU exports support 38 million jobs, up two thirds from 2000. More than 14 million of these workers are women. One in five jobs in the EU depends on exports.
EU exports support a significant share of jobs in all countries across the EU.
Italy - Azienda Vitivinicola Enrico Crola
Azienda Vitivinicola Enrico Crola has been exporting to Japan since 2015. Japan is a strategic export market for it.