- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
Hungarian companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €34 billion in 2019. And this keeps 862,000 Hungarians workers busy.
- Hungarian extra-EU exports support 603,000 jobs in Hungary.
- Another 259,000 Hungarian workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 18% of jobs in Hungary depend on extra-EU exports.
- Hungarian extra-EU exports also support over 159,000 jobs in EU countries.
- 51% of export-related jobs in Hungary are in services.
Access these facts and figures in Hungarian.
Trade and jobs
EU exports support 38 million jobs, up two thirds from 2000. More than 14 million of these workers are women. One in five jobs in the EU depends on exports.
EU exports support a significant share of jobs in all countries across the EU.
Hungary - Losing no sleep over customs duties
CETA has eliminated the tariffs of more than 15% on the exports of Naturtex’s products from Hungary to Canada. This means that Naturtex can offer better prices to consumers in Canada, compete more successfully against local or Asian producers and by that, increase sales.