- Trade topics
- Trade and jobs
- EU exporter
German companies’ exports outside the EU are worth €808 billion in 2019. And this keeps 8.9 million German workers busy.
- German extra-EU exports support 7.7 million jobs in Germany.
- Another 1.2 million German workers are in jobs linked to exports from other EU countries to the world.
- This means 20% of jobs in Germany depend on extra-EU exports.
- German extra-EU exports also support over 1.7 million jobs in EU countries.
- In Germany, most people in export-related jobs are medium-skilled workers.
- 55% of export-related jobs in Germany are in services.
Access these facts and figures in German.